Bishop edward gaines catholic school
believe enrich glorify serve
WE BOAST STATE OF THE ART LEARNING FACILITIES:
- Spacious, attractive classrooms
- 21st Century learning environments kitted with latest technologies
- 1:1 Chromebooks for Years 4-8
- Chromebooks, ipads and interactive whiteboards in each classroom
- Innovative learning spaces for individual, group and whole class
- Fully functional kitchen
- Classroom furniture to cater for all learning styles
WE OFFER EXCELLENT LEARNING PROGRAMMES:
- Special focus on a core curriculum of literacy, numeracy and religious education
- Multi-level classrooms enable teachers to cater for diverse needs and abilities with ease
- Small class sizes allow for more teacher time
- Teacher aide support to assist with teaching and learning
- Reading recovery
- Inquiry-focused learning
- Maori and Pasifika cultures celebrated and integrated into learning contexts
- Learner voice is promoted and valued through the use of goal setting interviews, learner led conferences and learner driven initiatives.
OUR LEARNERS ENJOY EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Sporting opportunities: Soccer, Touch, Ki-O-Rahi, Netball, Basketball, Swimming, Futsal, Bowls and the list goes on...
- Full participation in all Tokoroa and Catholic Diocese interschool sports and cultural activities
- Music lessons - drums, ukulele, guitar and tin whistle
WE MAINTAIN A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR TEACHER TO TEACH AND LEARNERS TO LEARN:
- Living Christ-centred values every day
- Golden Time on a Friday afternoon to celebrate a great week of positive learning and achievement, negotiated with the learners.
- Blessing stones give immediate positive feedback for learners and are counted at the end of the week for a winning house.